Cleaning a bathroom doesn’t rank high on anyone’s list of fun ways to spend a Dailyhawker IN. And the bathroom is the place in the house that gets messy the fastest. No one likes to step into a bathroom with hair on the floor and grimy rings in the toilet. Here in this article, there are a few bathrooms cleaning secrets from MaidsWay, the best cleaning service provider of Austin, TX that will help you to keep your bathroom sparkling clean without the budget for a maid. Follow them to make the job of bathroom cleaning a bit less time consuming and tedious.
- Vacuum and Dust: You read that right! Vacuuming and dusting will ensure that no hair on the tile or floor in the bathroom. Work from top to bottom, dusting light fixtures and shelves with micro-fiber cloths before vacuuming crevices and floors.
- Heat it up: Making a surface a little bit warmer, will double your power of cleaning. Fill up the sink and tub an inch or so with hot water or a couple of degrees above normal room temperature will allow for a more effective clean. Let the water in the sink and tub for a few minutes so that the surface heat up.
- Give Some Time to Cleaners: Cleaners require some time to work through the soap scum, dirt, and other offenders. If you spray them on and then immediately wipe them, they will not get enough time to do their job properly. Rather, spray down the surfaces, put cleaner in the toilet bowl and let the solution sit for a few minutes, while you are done with the other tasks. In about 5 to 6 minutes, you can scrub the surface with a sponge and then rinse it clean. To wash away the soap scum you can also use the homemade cleaner: stir 3 tablespoons baking soda and 1/2 cup household ammonia into two cups warm water. Wiped the solution on and rinsed it off with a sponge, bathroom surfaces will gleam.
- Clogged Drains: Drains quickly become clogged with hair and residue from shampoo and soap. That makes the water drain slowly and also mildew start to grow and cause an odor in the bathroom. To prevent this, dump a cup of baking soda in the drain. Then, pour in a cup of white vinegar. Let it sit for about an hour. The solution begins to fizz and break down the contents of the clog. Open warm water down the drain to clear everything out.
- Clean Mirrors: Rub shaving cream on your bathroom mirror with a paper towel or cotton cloth, then wet the paper towel and wipe it. This will not only clean your mirror but also leave a sweet-smelling, and fog-free mirror for a week.
- Clean Tiles with a Neutral ‘pH’ cleaner: Get a professional clean without damaging your tiles, go for cleaners with ‘natural pH’ on the label to ensure your tiles aren’t damaged in the cleaning process. Scrubbing the grout off the tiles will make them shine.
Incorporate the tips listed above and have a clean bathroom in half an hour.
Source: Maidsway Cleaning Services